KILMACUD CARMEL CEMETERY
Consecrated July 6th 1900 by His Grace Dr.Walsh
(scroll down for a listing of deceased sisters and a link to their memorial page)
THE OLDEST IMAGE OF OUR CEMETERY:
The hut to contain the Pieta is not yet built, and there are no grave crosses yet visible,
but perhaps two burials - one on each side - which indicates the photo was possibly
taken around the time of the cemetery consecration in 1900
The Pieta can be seen in these early photos.
There seems to be at least 12 burials in the cemetery when these
photos were taken, so that would date them approximately mid-1940's.
The cemetery gate is still in place today.
VIEWS FROM ABOUT 1970's -1980's:
Initially each grave was marked out individually by stone surround
The cemetery is now completely lawn design
There is a marvellous view of Howth Head and Dublin Bay from our cemetery
DECEASED SISTERS OF THIS CARMEL
Click on a Sister's name for a close-up view of her
grave memorial and some biographical details
rest grant unto them O Lord...
(P = Prioress; F = Foundress)
Return to the History Index
© 2011 Carmelite Sisters, Kilmacud